As always the Labor Day Weekend was a great one. Mom and I were working on finishing up a project Friday night. As we were working on it we got a phone call from Dave saying that he had just got a six by six bull elk on the archery hunt in Colorado. We were all VERY excited. Here's a picture of Dave and Paul with the elk at about 4 in the morning when they got back to Dave's after packing it out on their back!! Way to go guys!!!

Saturday morning we went to Swiss Days. Then onto Francis for the Draft Horse Pulls at the Francis Frontier Days Celebration. Those work horses are so amazing. Sorry for all the picture of the Horse Pulls, I was a little snap happy, but I know Aunt Billie Sue will appreciate them!
As soon as the horse pulls got over we went over to the Francis Frontier Days parade. Even though it wasn't very long the kids got a load of candy.
Mom, Kylie, Laura
Brody, Amber, Bridger
Butikofer's - Tim is running for Francis Town Council, so they were in the parade.
Sunday after church we went and picked up Grandpa and Grandma and rode over Mirror Lake Highway, if you can believe it I didn't take any pictures!! We went to Evanston and went to the Evanston Cowboy Days Rodeo. On Monday we headed back to Francis to watch the kids participate in the kids activites. Brody and Bridger both rode sheep and got Trophy's! They were all kinds of excited about their trophy's.
After the Mutton Bustin' they had races for the kids.

7 comments:
Oh my gosh! Every single picture is wonderful....especially the horse pull ones--please put those on the disc as well as the reunion ones for me! The last two of your ride are beautiful and the kids pictures are frameable prizewinners!
Bridger, toughest kid around. Great pictures!
Laura--
Your pictures are wonderful! You really do have such a knack for photography! The picture of Bridger mid-fall is priceless! I almost started crying seeing all the fun festivities that small towns have to offer and it totally makes me want to pack my bags and move home! My mom probalby wouldn't mind if we moved in? Anyway--it looks like you had an amazing weekend and I am very jealous--also, its so easy to forget how beautiful and green it is there when you live in the desert! Great post!
YO DUDE-
your pics rocked i felt like i was up close you roc at taking pics (i want to be a photograher when i grow up)luv u
kylie
Laura,
You are so good to make every moment and memory. I love all the pictures and was even more saddened that I missed the draft pulls. You will have to be the official family historian. Keep them coming.
Laura,
I am very late in posting a comment, but I showed the sheep riding pictures to everyone I work with because they were so amazing. I love those little boys anyway because I love that they have such adorable smiles. Great post! Patrice
Okay, we obviously missed the action! I wish my boys were there to ride the sheep! Great work. Keep posting.
Post a Comment