It seems like we have worked on putting the shed up every chance we get...but with it getting dark earlier that makes it a little harder. We are slowing progressing on it.
We took a little break from the shed project and went back out to the State Fair for the Draft Horse Pulls. They had the arena really compacted so it made for a great pull. In the light weights they had the Navy there and they where trying to pull what the horses where pulling. They started out with like 23 guys, and by time there where done they had I think 46. It's just amazing what those horses can do. They always joke around about running out of weight and having to get people from the crowd to come and get on the boat...well...they actually did...and they got some girl to come get on.
Saturday morning we of course worked on the shed some more. Then we got ready and headed up to the "U" to tailgate before the big Utah vs. UCLA game. I think most people figured that Utah had no chance, but Dad and I had a conversation about the game while working on the shed, and Dad told me that he thought Utah would win.
Steph, Matthew, Me, Mark, Mom, Aunt Lynn, Dad and Kim - Steph and Kim are Dad's cousins and Matthew is Kim's little boy.
Man, what a game! Utah WON!!! We beat UCLA 44 to 6! How awesome! It was such a fun game. I could hardly talk by time we got home that night. Even though the score makes it sound like a total blow out, it really didn't seem like it. You can't see the score board very well, but I just had to put it in.
Sunday after church we went up and spent the afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa. It was nice to be able to spend some time with them.
Monday was Brody's 6th Birthday! I really can't believe that he is 6, that is just so crazy to me. I don't know where the time has gone, and just how he's gotten so big. He's loving Kindergarten.
Here's the four of them blowing out the candles.
I of course had to hook him up with a new UTAH sweatshirt, and some tennis shoes to make sure he can run away from the girl at school. Although when Grandpa Al asked him if he had a girlfriend he said no, but that if he did he would tell the whole world.
Update on the shed - it's a little further along then these pictures...but it was too dark to get a good picture when we finally called it a night. We got all the walls up. It's getting so close to being done!
I'll make sure to get finished pictures - and hopefully they will be up soon!

5 comments:
Sounds like such an exciting life! I can just picture your mom riding on the swing set, and it made me think of the time we went to Lagoon and she rode one ride and had to sit under a tree for the rest of the day because she was soooo sick! She and my mom are clearly related! I'm glad he had such a good birthday, they do grow up so quickly, its weird! You're a wonderful Aunt, and they're lucky to have you! Thanks for updating!
I think if you've decided to insultate it to live in, Laura, it should be closer to the house for water purposes! Could you start over and move it a little closer?
The hose isn't that far, I could just use it! My biggest concern is power and internet for my computer.
No wonder you haven't posted for a while you have been such a busy girl. I have a few projects of my own that I could use some help on so if you have a little free time COME ON UP!
Who says you have to stop playing when you get older? Love, love, love the picture of your mom on the swing. How lucky is your family to have you around?
Post a Comment