Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to Reality

Well last week turned out to be a really busy yet fun week. I worked Tuesday and as soon as I got home from work Dad and I headed to Kamas to feed the horses and then to Woodland to pick up the kids. Mom and Dad both worked half a day on Wednesday and the kids and I did some running around to get ready to head out at two. Dave and Stacey and the girls got here about noon and helped get things all ready to go. Off to Pocatello we went. The kids couldn't wait to get to the rodeo, so that once it was over they could go to the hot tub and swimming pool. The adults were a little more excited for the rodeo, but also excited for the "after party". We had a great time...going to rodeos every night, shopping the day away, hot tubbing and playing in the pool every night until midnight. I don't think the kids are used to a schedule like that. Mom had headed home to be with Grandma Friday morning but then found out that she was getting realsed from the hospital and was able to come back and spend the rest of the weekend with us. We had such a great time and we are all already looking forward to next year.

With Easter being so early this year we ended up being in Pocatello Easter morning. We got back home about 2:30 so we decided to go get something to eat, so we all headed to Famous Dave's. The kids wanted to color eggs, and what would Easter be if you didn't color eggs. So we hurried and boiled some eggs and colored them.

Emma Jane's 5th birthday was on Tuesday, so we celebrated it on Sunday as well. I can hardly believe that she's already 5! At the same time that means that David and Stacey have lived away from us for 5 years, and it definately seems like it has been more then 5 years.

Emma loved the new dress that Grandma and Grandpa gave her, she was giving it hugs she was so excited.

Spring has definately sprung at our house. Mom and Dad mowed the lawn and did some yard work last night.

The trees are all starting to bud. I love this time of year.

It's always nice to welcome a new season.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We really had a wonderful five days! The Grandkids were SO good and we had so much fun that there are no words to discribe it. Thanks to you for helping make it such a fun filled get a way, and for being such a special Aunt to the kids. Thanks for putting this together for us to remember our great time together! Love it and all of my great family! Mom

The Richards family said...

I heard about all the fun things you did from Amber, Brody, and Bridger!! They loved it and I am sure Brooke and Emma and Stacy and Dave enjoyed it too. It is so great you guys do such fun stuff and are always including everyone who wants to go!!! I am glad you got to go and had such a fun timr too. I am coming down to you place were you can see grass!!! Actually I am going to go to Oregon, you can always see grass there. But it does look nice and green there compared to Woodland. Somedays I wonder when we will see grass. But somehow I am taking in the snow, because I am going to miss it next year. Thanks for the update on your trip it sounds fun!!!

Dora said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. And you are always taking such great pictures... although you need to make sure you are in a few of them! :)

SkylineHIghClassOf2000 said...

yeah yard work and then it snows...tell me about it...i get home from cali...no snow...i water my flowers and the next morning...they are covered in snow...

The Gunnerson Family said...

Okay, so I guess you can cram more fun into an Easter weekend then we did! Were you all totally exhausted afterward, or what? It sounds like you all had a great time. These are the things the kids will remember forever. They are very lucky to have your parents as grandparents and you as such a great aunt. Oh, by the way, did you say you colored "some" eggs? That looks like a little more than "some" to me! I do always remember your family dyeing sooooooo many eggs at Easter time. See, I still remember the fun times with my cousins from my childhood. Easter dinner at your house (because it was the only house where we could go outside on Easter) and your older brothers trying to blow hard boiled eggs out of a small hole in the shell. What fun.

Chelsea Johnson said...

You guys probably should've dyed a few more easter eggs, it looks like there's hardly enough for everyone! The week sounds so fun and exciting! Happy Birthday Emma!