Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy, Busy!!

It's been a while since I've updated again. Just seems like we have been crazy busy. On Saturday the 17th Mom and I went up to Woodland, Dad was at home working. We went up to spend the day with Grandpa and help get some things done up there. Grandpa, Mom, Brody, Amber and I went over to Heber to watch Cache ride in the high school rodeo. Brody and Amber came home with Mom and I to spend the night. After church we went and got us something to eat and headed for Woodland to take the kids back home. There was a really bad accident on I-80 that closed the freeway in both directions, they said you would either have to go through Provo Canyon or Weber Canyon, but with the price of fuel I didn't really want to. I figured they'd have it opened back up and I could run them up even if it was at midnight. So we just came back home. The weather had been really nice over the weekend and Brody and Amber REALLY wanted to run in the sprinklers. So since we had to come back home they got to.

I think his bum was getting a little cold.

They decided that "running" through the sprinklers was over rated and that it was more fun to just play around in the sprinkler.


I had thought that they would have the freeway opened back up and I'd be able to take the kids home Sunday night, but they didn't. They didn't open it back up until about one in the morning. So I ended up running the kids to Kamas Monday morning before I went to work.

With all the snow that we had this last winter and then the warm weekend the river was running rather high. I've never seen it as high as it was.

This is the river right by Paul's house.



You can see here in both the above and below pictures how the river is out of it's banks.

Saturday the 24th Mom, Dad and I headed for Kamas/Woodland to spend Memorial Day Weekend. We went over to Oakley to watch Cache ride at the High School rodeo.

Grandpa, Aunt JoDe and Mom

The arena was not in the most desirable conditon. It had been rainning a lot during the week and it was really wet. This isn't Cache, just some kid that was riding, just wanted to give you an idea of what the arena was like.

Here's Cache. He had drawn a really tough bull. He didn't make it the 8 seconds, but he made a real good try.

We spent the rest of the weekend decorating graves and visiting at the cemetery. The weather was typical Memorial Day weekend weather - rainning one minute, snowing the next, and then the sun would be shining.

Milly(dog), Mom, Dad and Aunt JoDe at Grandma Bisel's grave.

Dad at Grandma and Grandpa Gines' graves.

Addey was very willing to have her picture taken, and I thought it turned out pretty cute. So since her mom hasn't updated lately I figured I put it in.

Grandma Bisel's grave looked very pretty with all the flowers.

Me and Dad

Rob (in the backseat) and Grandpa.

Mom, Dad and I spent the weekend with Grandpa. We had a really nice weekend. It's nice to be able to go and stay with him and spend as much time as possible with him. I know one thing, he sure hasn't lost his sense of humor.

I can hardly believe that May is just about over. On Monday it will have been a month since Grandma passed away and it sure doens't seem like it's been that long. I still have a hard time believing that she's gone, it seems like when I go up to Woodland that she's still going to be there. I still expect her to be standing at the kitchen window when we pull up. I guess in time it will pass. But I am so glad that I have the memories that I do of Grandma. I'll leave you with a saying I found today that I really liked.

Your loved one will always be as close as a memory!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

it was so good to hear from you...it looks like your gramdma was really popular with all those gorgeous flowers!!! and I agree with gas, it is outrageous...i really am going to have to start walking...no kidding...so i will start now and maybe we can get together at your house in three weeks!!!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

That looks like tons of fun! I too agree with gas... I usually put in premium and I'm just going to stick to the normal unleaded grade from now on...

Billie Jo said...

I love to check your blog. I love the detail and everything that you put into it. I know the feeling about the window. Everytime I pull in I think the same thing. If it makes you feel any better when I got of the plane is Vegas on Saturday it was raining as well. My girls keep says the clouds are still sad that grandma died. I hope they certainly cheer up, I am sick of the tundra.

Gines Family said...

Hey nice update I am glad you are much more diligent at updating your blog than I am with mine.

Billie Sue said...

Very nice update. I have been quite homesick and had a bad day yesterday between visiting the War Museum and going through the Holocaust exhibit--I cried all afternoon. The cemetery looks wonderful and the description of the rain/snow sounded very typical. I was glad to see you have also taken care of Rob and he was in the back seat with Dad in the front. Thank you so much. Here is a little thought I had about Mom yesterday --
She's gone...she left the other day,
I know where she went..it's just too far away.
I can't go to meet her...there are things I've yet to do,
But I miss our time together...her touch and laughter too.
Thanks so much for the words from home! Billie Sue and Earl

The Gunnerson Family said...

I am glad that you have a free moment to update your blog so I can see what is going on in the Gines family. As always you have been busy, busy, busy with all you do. I especially loved the memorial day pic. We went to Rick's cabin so I didn't see the cemetery that day. Yeah, the weather was terrible. It pretty much ruined our time at the cabin. We were covered in mud by the time we left.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I get totally homesick when I look at your blog and I see all the wonderful things that I miss out on by living down here!

Great updates, as usual! Hopefully the weather will turn nice eventually for you all!