Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's Been a Long Time

I have been a total slacker with keeping my blog updated this last month. Here it is time again for another new month. So before the new month starts I better catch up on the one that's about to end.
David, Stacey, Brooke and Emma Jane came in on Friday the 11th and spent the weekend with us. Saturday after Mom and I got back from the hospital it was such a nice day that we washed all the vehicles(Dave's truck, my car and Dad's truck). The girls asked if I would take them to the park when we got done washing the vehicles. Emma was pretty sure I wasn't ever going to get done.
She was trying to be as patient as possible.


Even though my car is 7 1/2 years old it still looks pretty good when she's all cleaned up.


Finally...we made it to the park.




Grandma got to go home after her surgery on the 16th. Paul was out of town so we had to go feed the horses so we rode out to check on Grandma and Grandpa as well.
Mom went up Friday to stay over with Grandma and Grandpa. We needed to move hay so Dad and I got up Saturday morning and headed for Kamas. Dad and I got the hay all uncovered and the hay all moved into the trailer. Dad and Paul got back into the stack and started putting the tarps back over the hay when we smelled a skunk. And then there he was...he came out from under the tarps. Don't ask how Dad and I managed to not get into him any sooner. I was just glad that he didn't spray. We let him go on his way so that we could finish up.
After we got done with the hay we rode out and checked on Mom, Grandma and Grandpa. Brody wanted us to come up to his house and watch them on their bikes. They were seeing who could skid their tires the farthest. They were having a good ole time.




Unforunately when Grandma came down for her doctor's appointment on Monday the 21st her platelet count was really low again so the doctor put her back in the hospital. On Tuesday they did a bone marrow test to see if they could figure out what is still causing her platelet count to drop so fast.

Mom's tulips have bloomed and look gorgeous.

I wish you could tell how big they are.


Grandpa and Grandma celebrated their 65th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday the 26th.


Hopefully I covered everything. I'm ready for next month, and it's a good thing because it will be here shortly. I'll try to stay updated much better next month.

5 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Ah, busy. I am glad you found time to update. You always do such a good job keeping everyone up to date on what is going on in your family. Thanks.

SkylineHIghClassOf2000 said...

how fun...not with the whole skunk thing...i would have laughed at you if you smelled like skunk...yeah i am rude i know...i like your background this time...where did you get it?

Chelsea Johnson said...

I must've just missed you at the hopsital on Saturday. Wish we could've seen you! The tulips look gorgeous. I love all the wonderful things you guys grow....especially tomatoes!

MUG said...

65th Anniversary!? That is absolsutely incredible. We should all be so lucky. I'm glad your writing again, I missed your posts.

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Laura.. it's Alicia Bendall and I had gotten a comment from you a while back and saw your blog again! I hope all is well... email me @ voigtsfamily@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to my blog!