It certainly is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around my house! We went and got our Christmas tree on the 24th, and put it in that night. We haven't put our tree in that early for a while, so it's been really nice to have it up and be able to enjoy it. We got the Christmas decorating done the last week of November.
My friend Shannon had asked if I would take some family pictures for her, so we took those and also did her babies 4 month pictures on the 28th. She has such a cute little family.
Saturday, the 1st of December we headed to Kamas for Amber's baptism. It had started to rain/snow on Friday, but not really to much until the early morning hours and then it really started to snow. We knew that we needed to leave early to give ourselves enough time to get there. When we left our house there was probably about 5-6 inches of snow, with a couple inches of wet rainy slush under that. Needless to say it was really slick. The roads hadn't been plowed, so I was VERY glad that we had Dad and Mom's truck to drive instead of my car. It took us a while to get there, but as we always say..."We'd rather take our time and be late then not get there at all." The baptism was very good. It was a Stake baptism and there were 11 kids getting baptized. Amber was very lucky to have so many people brave the weather to come and share with her on her special day.
David, Stacey, Brooke and Emma Jane had come in for the baptism, so we talked Paul, Laura, Kylie, Amber, Brody and Bridger into coming down to Salt Lake for the night. We all(Dad, Mom, Paul's family, Dave's family and I) went down to Temple Sqaure to enjoy the lights, and then we rode out to Christmas Utah. If you haven't ever been and seen the display at Christmas Utah it is a definate must see, especially if you are in Salt Lake. I can't imagine how much time that guy must put into his display.
Monday night Mom had got tickets for us(Dad, Mom and I) to go see the Bar J Wranglers at the McKay Events center in Orem. It was a really great show. If you haven't ever seen the Bar J Wranglers you should look into, I think they are really good.
Now, we are just trying to get everything ready so that we can leave for Las Vegas this weekend. We are headed down to the N.F.R. for the final 7 performances. We are all VERY excited.
You probably won't hear from me again until I get back from Vegas. So until then...
Bright light city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire...Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas, Viva, Viva Las Vegas!!!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
Posted by
Laura
at
1:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hey girlie, as usually the blog is as cute as ever and the pictures are great. We had a great weekend and are excited to come in for many reasons. I think Dave is more excited to get the horse we bought more than thing. So why no pictures of the mouse we saw on Temple Square? Love ya
It looks like you have had a fun-filled December so far. The decorations looks great, and its fun to see pics of your house, because I have not seen it in so long. Temple Square is beautiful, as always--I am hoping to make it there this year! The pictures you took of your friend's family look great too!
You have done it yet once again! I love all the pictures you take and the history that goes with them!!! Hope Vegas was great!!!
How fun to sit down and go through your blog for a few minutes and just enjoy the Christmas spirit! Your pictures are always great and I love seeing the kids. The sunset through the trees stole my heart, as I am a huge succor for nature's beauty! Have fun in Vegas and see ya soon!
Laura, it has been so long since I have been online that I had to get caught up on your blog. It sounds like you are getting all ready for Christmas and it sure is exciting! You always work so hard to help your family, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
aren't my kids just the cutest!!!
I love your new layout! Really cute!!
Post a Comment